OPERATOR INSTRUMENTATION (I-107)
This introduction to instrumentation course (16 hours) is focused on
providing operators of process systems with a basic understanding of instrumentation technologies, applications and installations. Fundamental operation of the common instruments found in today’s process industries will be examined from a view applicable to virtually any manufacturer’s equipment. We will examine the types of instruments used in a number of applications and why they are used in specific locations and applications to better understand how they effect the process.
The class will be a combination of classroom and hands-on training on the Process Training Unit (PTU), a full-scale, working process skid with on-line instrumentation and controls. At the conclusion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize the various type of process instrumentation found inprocesses of all types of industry.
- Understand basic Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&ID), howinstruments are installed and wired.
- Identify how processes react to changes in the measurements of various instruments in order to help maintenance personnel troubleshootmalfunctioning loops.
2 DAY COURSE: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
SPECIFIC TRAINING TOPICS COVERED
- Flow Instrumentation
- Level Instrumentation
- Liquid Analysis Instrumentation
- Pressure Instrumentation
- Temperature sensors andtransmitters