Operator Instrumentation (I-107) - Mobile, AL - August 27-28, 2020
August 27, 2020 - August 28, 2020
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
This introduction to instrumentation course (16 hours) is focused on providing operators of process systems with a basic understanding of instrumentation technologies, applications and installations. Fundamental operation of the common instruments found in today’s process industries will be examined from a view applicable to virtually any manufacturer’s equipment. We will examine the types of instruments used in a number of applications and why they are used in specific locations and applications to better understand how they effect the process.
The class will be a combination of classroom and hands-on training on the Process Training Unit (PTU), a full-scale, working process skid with on-line instrumentation and controls
At the conclusion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize the various type of process instrumentation found in processes of all types of industry.
- Understand basic Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&ID), how instruments are installed and wired.
- Identify how processes react to changes in the measurements of various instruments in order to help maintenance personnel troubleshoot malfunctioning loops.
2 DAY COURSE 7:30 AM to 4:30PM
There are no refunds, however rescheduling can be organized.
- Flow Instrumentation
- Level Instrumentation
- Liquid Analysis Instrumentation
- Pressure Instrumentation
- Temperature sensors and transmitters
Venue Phone: 251-378-7837Address:
Mobile Training Facility